Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
cferilli
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: cferilli

VAW manual deployment with SCCM

Post by cferilli »

Hello,

I need to install VAW on several Windows 10 clients (licensed version).

For security reasons I cannot do the deployement directly from VBR. Where can I find the information to do it through SCCM ?

Thank you for your help.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VAW manual deployment with SCCM

Post by Dima P. »

Hello cferilli,

It is possible. Take a look at this White Paper - Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 Enterprise Deployment. Must admit that its a bit outdated (since current agent version is 30) but the main concept described it this white paper remains the same. Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions!
cferilli
Influencer

Post by cferilli »

Hello Dima,

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked the White Paper, and the deployment steps are well explained.

Unfortunately, it is not clear for me how to configure the link between the agent and my VBR server.
If I understand correctly, when installing the agent manually, the integration is managed differently in the VBR console ? Give it a way to have an integration similar (idealy the same) as when the agent is deployed by VBR ?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello cferilli,
If I understand correctly, when installing the agent manually, the integration is managed differently in the VBR console ?
With the approach described in the White Paper you can configure agents in standalone mode and they will use backup repository as destination (as a part of job configuration).

May ask what limitations prevent you from installing agents via Veeam B&R console? Thank you in advance.
cferilli
Influencer

Post by cferilli » 1 person likes this post

Hello Dima,

In the mean time I had the chance to investigate more in detail what was blocking the agent deployment through the VBR Console.
It was a Windows firewall issue on the endpoint side.

After some analyzes with our security team, we have found a solution that they agreed with. So yet we can deploy and manage the Endpoint agents within VBR.

Thank you for your help !

Regards
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Good news and thank you for sharing. Please do not forget to share your feedback on deployment process and backup functionality with us. Cheers!