Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tckoay
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: T. C. Koay

VAW Sizing Questions

Post by tckoay »

Hi,

I need guidance for VAW sizing. If I will have 30 machines install with license copy of VAW with about 40TB data capacity. How to I optimize the backup performance?

1. 1 X VBR
2. SAN Repository
3. Any possible to add Cloud Gateway with VBR only? Without Cloud Connect to increase performance? (Local deployment not over WAN or SP)

4. Veeam Proxy so far only support hypervisor platform not for agent base. Any road map for this?

My concern is single instance of VBR can't take load of 30 VAW job with 40TB capacity.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VAW Sizing Questions

Post by Dima P. »

Hi tckoay.
Any possible to add Cloud Gateway with VBR only? Without Cloud Connect to increase performance? (Local deployment not over WAN or SP)
Standalone agent can use Veeam Cloud Connect as a target. Agent managed by Veeam B&R does not have this option yet.
My concern is single instance of VBR can't take load of 30 VAW job with 40TB capacity.
Should not be a problem.
Veeam Proxy so far only support hypervisor platform not for agent base. Any road map for this?
Each agent is proxy on his own. Basically the only week spot is target repository (and it's gateway server), so you must monitor the resource consumption and increase RAM/CPU or limit the number of concurrent tasks on the repository (via Veeam B&R console). Keep in mind that for agent backup single task = single host (unlike VM backup where single task = VM disk).