Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
electsystech
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Doug Kuhns

Veeam agent 6 Cannot connect to socket by IP

Post by electsystech »

I setup Veeam agent 6 on a windows 10 pc with Synology NAS as the shared repository. I've set up numerous systems this way but the backup is failing. Here's the error message. Error: AgentManagerService: Failed to start agent, Host 'Duramacks-PC'. The requested address is not valid in its context. Cannot connect to socket by IP [[::ffff:127.0.0.1]:2500]

I can create a bare metal recovery image and save it to the same share on the Synology. It's a Synology RS422+ and on the latest DSM 7 version.
IPv6 is disabled. I tried to submit a support ticket from the agent but it gave an error validating the email address. I know the email address is correct. What's the next step to resolve?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam agent 6 Cannot connect to socket by IP

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as it makes no sense to guess on a forum, I suggest to try a different email address. Or you collect logs manually and open a case manually https://www.veeam.com/kb2404

Best regards,
Hannes
electsystech
Influencer

Post by electsystech »

When opening a support ticket from veeam agent, After I enter my email, it says Missing value, retry.
Anyway, I manually created the log file and created a ticket. Case #05896896
electsystech
Influencer

Post by electsystech »

I discovered the problem was caused by an internet filter called Maple Leaf by Compass Foundation. They bypassed veeam.exe from the filtering and the backup is now working.