Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
NelsonC
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nelson Andrés Carrillo Gonzalez

Veeam Agent and current data protection needs

Post by NelsonC » 1 person likes this post

I am currently a VMware instructor for about 6 years and I have seen the advances of virtualization technologies and the advantages that this has meant for organizations, I have also had the opportunity to work for about 10 years with data protection solutions and disaster recovery and is a field that has always fascinated me, a few months ago I managed to certify as VMCE and VMCE Trainer because I have seen in Veeam a manufacturer that really does things differently.
I have been talking with several IT professionals from different countries and organizations that I have had the opportunity to visit for the courses I have given and sometimes we discuss about the current market trends in terms of virtualization, data protection and business continuity and we conclude that nowadays most organizations already have part of their virtualized infrastructures which allows them to take advantage of the benefits of these technologies either locally or in service access modalities with the growing popularity of public clouds , private or hybrid, market trend that continues to grow.

However, we have also identified as part of these infrastructures are not possible for some reason to virtualize and still must be maintained on physical servers especially in X86 architectures and as it also manages a large amount of corporate information that is accessed by many customers around the world. world from their work stations (desktops or laptops) under Windows and Linux, equipment that must also have efficient protection mechanisms.
Here they have recognized how with the version of Veeam Backup & Replilcator 9.5 from the Update 3 already have the possibility of supporting holistically both virtual and physical architectures and the best everything managed centrally from a single console with the flexibility of having granular recoveries, encryption, local support or off-site, integrated with the main applications of the market, this really the customers value it since it adapts to their needs and helps their organizations to reduce the complexity of the process of backups and restoration, ensuring that it is able to comply with the RPTOs that their businesses demand.

In addition to this something that I have been told has caught the attention of the option of Veeam Agents the possibility of managing and deploying the agents for these physical infrastructures in a centralized way nowadays integrated from the same console of Veeam Backup & Replicator through of different methods either integrated with an Active Directory policy, from a .CSV file or even individually, with possibilities also to generate complete backups from which I can perform granular recoveries and even Bare-Metal recoveries quickly, which facilitates the deployment, support and restoration processes, without forcing the teams to be connected at all times to the corporate network, but adapts to current mobility trends where through policies I can specify the way in which agent work to perform the backup of user information that like me for our or work we travel on a regular basis and we do not always have connection with our corporate network.

The message that I have been able to perceive from customers about what Veeam is currently doing is very positive, because they notice how they are concerned to listen to their needs and reflect them with the progress and evolution of their products, which excites me and motivates me to start to participate and to transmit more and more in both ways these comments and to make known to the market these novelties that nowadays are already a reality.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Veeam Agent and current data protection needs

Post by nielsengelen »

Thank you very much for this nice statement :-). I'm sure our R&D and PM will love this.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen