Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jrbaumann
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jeff Baumann

Veeam agent error - Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.

Post by jrbaumann »

Hello,

I've been having some issues with Veeam agent since upgrading to VBR 10.0.1.4854. I've tried agent 3.02 and 4.0 and I'm having intermittent backup completion with both agents. The job may complete one day then go a few days with out completion. The errors we get are often different for each agent.

I opened case #04730406 with support, but we have not found a resolution.

The agents backup to our Exagrid repositories through a VPN to different data centers. Prior to the upgrade, had very little issues.

Jobs will complete until somewhere between 70-95% and then stop and error out. (Looking through the logs, it looks like it starts backing up to one IP address, then when it stops it looks like its trying to backup to a different ip address, and I'm not sure why)

We tried enabling backup cache, which didn't make a difference

I was told by one rep that it could be that the repository was busy.....i don't think that is it as I've had all jobs paused and the dedup process completed on the SOBR and the job fails, but then the next day it completes. Very frustrating.

A couple of the errors i see are

- Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have any ideas, I'm willing to try as its been a couple weeks now since ive gotten a good backup on a couple of the servers.

Thanks!!!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam agent error - Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jeff,

I've asked support team to review the case details. Stay tuned.
jrbaumann
Enthusiast

Post by jrbaumann »

Thank you Dima
jrbaumann
Enthusiast

Post by jrbaumann »

Apparently escalation doesn't exist, i've added comments to the case and i've escalated it to 1. I've had this case open for 5 weeks, It's been over a week now without backups for most of these servers.

I've had to move all these agents to back up to a local device at the remote site, which is not ideal.

Thought someone might have been able to assist.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jeff,

Sorry to hear that and thank you for updating this thread. The case was reviewed by the management team, I do see that it's now escalated to Tier 2. I'll reach support management as well to make sure that your case is handled correctly.