- Service Provider
- Posts: 11
- Liked: never
- Joined: Aug 03, 2017 1:31 pm
- Full Name: Richard Stuivenberg
I have noticed that file level backup takes a lot of time and is very large with his changes.
Does anyone else also have this issue?
I know that other backup software checks the file and is only copying the changed blocks and not the whole file.
Does anyone know if Veeam is also going to change this?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 3425
- Liked: 409 times
- Joined: Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am
- Location: Austria
this behavior is expected because your run a "file level backup (slower)" (quoting the UI).
You can change to block level backup by doing the following:
- choose file level backup as you already did
- select the volume
- exclude all folders you don't want to backup
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests