Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gladston3
Service Provider
Liked: never

Veeam Agent for Windows configuration storage location

Post by gladston3 »

Hello,

where is the configuration of the Veeam Agent for Windows saved/stored? I have a strange bug where I have multiple backup jobs on one agent even after un- and reinstallation. So I would like to delete/reset the configuration manually.

Thank you very much in advance
Cheers
-gladston3
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Veeam Agent for Windows configuration storage location

Post by Gostev »

They are in the SQL database, so will be preserved unless you also manually delete database files.
gladston3
Service Provider

Post by gladston3 »

So uninstallation of VAW, deleting the Veeam SQL DB and finally reinstall VAW should do the trick?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

I have a strange bug where I have multiple backup jobs on one agent even after un- and reinstallation
Any change you are using Veeam Availability Console to manage this agent?
deleting the Veeam SQL DB
You can use a special hack - Re-create the Database of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, in this case uninstall is note required.
gladston3
Service Provider

Post by gladston3 »

Dima P. wrote: Any change you are using Veeam Availability Console to manage this agent?
No, but I had a trial license of VBR installed and didn't realize that there were also VAW licenses included. I revoked the the license in VBR while I was in the configuration process in VAW. The configuration ended with an error two times but somehow persists still and regularly throws errors out. At least the job I configured afterwards works fine.
Dima P. wrote: You can use a special hack - Re-create the Database of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, in this case uninstall is note required.
Nice thanks! I'll give it a try (: