Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
xasz
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Schneider

Veeam Configuration Helper

Post by xasz »

Hey alltogether,

after the release of the Veeam Agent 2.0 i was a little bit shocked by the lack of management features.
Yeah sure, there is the command-line interface which you can somehow use via gpo, but that not what i wanted to have.
I got a little bit of free time on the weekend and started a little project.
A tool for the configuration management for Veeam Agents. For now it is an early alpha and i won't release it before testing and fixing minor bugs.
I just wanted to know if there is any intrest in such an tool for centralized management of your Veeam Agents.

Here some Screenshots to get an idea:

greetings xaszs
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Veeam Configuration Helper

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Michael,

Looks good! You know we have the Veeam Availability Console for central management and that we will integrate management in v10?

Mike
xasz
Influencer

Post by xasz »

Mike Resseler wrote:Hey Michael,

Looks good! You know we have the Veeam Availability Console for central management and that we will integrate management in v10?

Mike
Hi Mike,

yeah sure i know you have the Console for that, but for now there is no central management and i think it will be a game changer.
I Know alot of companies working with veeam tought the central management will be implemented with the 2.0 Agent, but for now there is only the API and v10 looks far away for me.

Michael
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Understood.

Certainly not saying that you should stop creating this (I encourage community efforts ;-)) but just wanted to make sure that you are aware that in a couple of months the work might not be needed anymore.

But just to be clear: No central management. VAC does exactly that so I am a bit confused around your statement. Or did I just misunderstood it?
xasz
Influencer

Post by xasz »

As i understood VAC is only Cloud based and we need an onPremise solution.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

The Console can be installed anywhere so also in your datacenter. You can install it in a piblic cloud as well but it is lot required.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

VMNiels is correct. VAC is not only cloud based and can be installed on-premises. There are some requirements before you can deploy VAC (# of agents) but you need to discuss that with your sales SE. But obviously, we are aware that many will want to have it in B&R as their "management-only" solution for both physical and virtual workloads
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Guys, please keep in mind VAC will be available for large customers only, so I would not discourage anyone from building some basic management solution to cover those deployments of a few dozens of agents in size until v10 is available. Thanks!