Veeam Endpoint and Windows Media Center

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: Veeam Endpoint and Windows Media Center

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:37 am

Bryan,

That is interesting (and unexpected for me). I can't think of a reason why Microsoft would not want this is the snapshot... Any other rules in there that are different than on a standard windows machine? (Feel free to place them here or in a PM is also good...) I wonder if there are more differences

PS: Thanks for coming back to us with the solution and yes... We love our support team! :-)
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 384 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby bdoe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm

It appears that my HTPC added the Recorded TV entry but otherwise is standard. It contains paths for System Volume Information, Outlook *.ost, Microsoft RAC, and SoftwareDistribution, as well as Recorded TV. A 7 Pro system here at work, without Media Center setup, has all of those except Recorded TV.

I may just go for a robocopy for those files and keep using VEB for the system. Or swap VEB to just file level. It's a simple system so a rebuild isn't bad - but I'll have an unhappy family if recordings are lost!
bdoe
Enthusiast

Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Bryan

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Did you already tried to remove that registry? I certainly would do an export (always a backup ;-)) and then do the backup again. I'm convinced it will work without any issues
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 384 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Previous

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows