Veeam Endpoint Backup and SSD

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Veeam Endpoint Backup and SSD

Veeam Logoby sohailiabbas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi

Does veeam endpoint backup support restoring to newer nvme based ssd drives.
sohailiabbas
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Sohail Abbas

Re: Veeam Endpoint Backup and SSD

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi sohailiabbas,

VEB supports Bare Metal Recovery to any disk recognized as internal storage.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 432 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby acolad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 am

Hi all,

My first post here as VEB usually always does an awesome job. We just stumbled upon an issue trying to restore a VEB backup to a quite recent workstation featuring such NVMe SSD disk as its main storage. It's a DELL Precision 3420 and when we boot onto the recovery media created from this machine, VEB unfortunately doesn't recognize the disk. All storage drivers appear loaded, but still no disk to choose as target.

My understanding was that all drivers get included into the recovery media during its creation. At least this automagically worked like a charm for every prior machine we had to manage with VEB. And we also tried adding some other drivers we got from the DELL website, but still are we unable to get this disk to show up for a restore.

Are there other people restoring without issues to NVMe disks ? I don't know if the issue we encouter is due to the lack of the correct drivers for the disk itself or some kind of bus in between. Any information in regards would be greatly appreciated !

THANKS and have a nice time !

Herve
acolad
Lurker

Full Name: Hervé Moser

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi Herve,

Thank vou for the kind words! May I ask you to submit a case and share the case ID – I’d ask our QA team to take a look at your logs.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 432 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 am

Herve,

Did you try to add those additional Dell drivers through the recovery media (Once you are booted on it?)
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 359 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby acolad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 am

Hi Dima and Mike !

Thanks for your answers !

Yes, we tried to add the said drivers once booted onto the recovery media, but I'll give it one more try, collect the logs and submit a case if we still don't succeed. Being out of office for two days, I'll manage to do this only begining of next week but I'll keep you posted...

THANKS a lot !
acolad
Lurker

Full Name: Hervé Moser

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 am

No worries, all with pleasure ;-)

And yes, if it fails again, please log a support case ID and follow up here! Would be appreciated
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 359 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows