Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
BWyatt
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Wyatt

Veeam Endpoint causing SQL backup alerts

Post by BWyatt »

I'm trying to use Veeam Endpoint Backup to back up my new physical SQL servers to our Data Domain. Before I added any databases to the servers, they were fine. However, now that I have all 3 of them participating in a SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Group, when Veeam Endpoint runs on the secondary nodes, I get SQL backup failures in the SQL Server logs.

I don't want Veeam Endpoint to be doing SQL backups at all. I'm using maintenance plans to back up my databases to a share on our SAN that gets backed up externally, and the last thing in the world I need is Veeam Endpoint interrupting the transaction log backup chain.

I don't see any configuration in the GUI to disable application data backup, and configuring it to back up individual drives rather than the whole machine didn't make a difference.

Is there a way to force Veeam Endpoint to leave the SQL instances alone?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Endpoint causing SQL backup alerts

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ben,

Please contact the support team via Control Panel > Support > Technical support they should have a valid workaround. Thanks.
BWyatt
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Wyatt

Re: Veeam Endpoint causing SQL backup alerts

Post by BWyatt »

Thanks, I've submitted a case. Hopefully they'll have an idea for me.