Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
a.volpi@quadria.fr
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexandre V.

Veeam Enterprise Manager and VAW - Monitoring

Post by a.volpi@quadria.fr »

Hello,

This issue has the case number 02331942.

Context :
I set up a Veeam Agent for Windows on a server. This agent uses a repository from a Veeam B&R server. This B&R Server is managed by a Veeam Enterprise Manager console which distributes licenses. All of this works fine, but there is no information about the Veeam Agent job in the Enterprise Manager console, even though the license has been distributed correctly. I can monitor how the backup went from the B&R server, in the "Agent" job category, but I can't monitor it from the Enterprise Manager Web Console.

Question :
If I understand correctly, there is no ongoing development to make Agent jobs appear on the Enterprise Manager Web Console, but the new VAC is meant to do just that.
If that is correct, then I'll wait for VAC to be released, if not I'd like to request the ability to monitor Veeam Agent jobs from the Enterprise Manager Web Console (as long as the license is distributed by them).

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Enterprise Manager and VAW - Monitoring

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Alexandre,

I will let Dima comment on the Enterprise Manager question, as for VAC, then this is a product for service providers mostly. Are you existing VCSP or you would like to manage backup agents just in your infrastructure?

Thanks!
a.volpi@quadria.fr
Novice

Vitaliy,

It is a service provider service (several customers on the same Enterprise Manager console and a unique license distributed) so we should be able to setup a VAC to do that.
I just wanted to make sure VAC is the right thing to setup or if I need to post a feature request so Enterprise Manager can monitor Veeam Agent jobs in the future.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Alexandre,
Enterprise Manager can monitor Veeam Agent jobs
This feature is a part of upcoming Agent Management functionality for Veeam B&R, so you will see it soon. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it. Yes if you're a registered VCSP you will be able to monitor Agent jobs in VAC and manage Agent license keys for your clients.
a.volpi@quadria.fr
Novice

Dima,

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm this means that Veeam Enterprise Manager will be able to monitor Agent jobs in a future release, or does it mean that this monitoring has to be done from the Veeam B&R Server console ?

Vitaliy,

I'm in the process of confirming we are a registered VCSP, but I did hear about VAC so I think we will be able to set it up once it comes out.

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I've just approved your request to the VCSP private forum, so you could get more info on what VAC can do.
a.volpi@quadria.fr
Novice

Thank you, I'll check it out.