Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
office@mb-ware.de
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MB

Veeam Support - Case # 05082363 - ""Veeam Installer Service" can no longer be removed - I would like to use only ...

Post by office@mb-ware.de »

Hello,
the "Veeam Installer Service" can no longer be removed - I would like to use only the "Standalone Agent for Windows" again!
I proceed as follows: I uninstall both, the "Veeam Installer Service" and the "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0.1...". - then I restart the PC and install the agent again! After a short time, the "Veeam Installer Service" has inserted itself again!
What can I do?
BG MB
Veeam Support - Case # 05082363
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Support - Case # 05082363 - ""Veeam Installer Service" can no longer be removed - I would like to use only ...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

Not sure I fully understand what you're asking, but Veeam Installer Service is part of the backup agent package, so why do you want to remove it?

Thanks!
office@mb-ware.de
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MB

Re: Veeam Support - Case # 05082363 - ""Veeam Installer Service" can no longer be removed - I would like to use only ...

Post by office@mb-ware.de »

Hello,
I don't want to control the backups via Veeam Backup & Replication anymore, but only directly via the PC again! But I can't get rid of the link to Veeam Backup & Replication!
Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Markus
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ah, I see. Can you double-check that this computer is no longer present in the protection group of Veeam B&R? Based on your description, it looks like you still have it there.