VEEAM to support DR for Azure Stack

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

VEEAM to support DR for Azure Stack

Veeam Logoby wjching » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 am

Hi All,

Was just wondering if VEEAM has a roadmap to have support for Azure Stack as a target for DR scenarios. As hinted by the following articles.

https://www.veeam.com/news/veeam-extends-no-1-availability-solutions-to-microsoft-azure-stack.html

https://www.veeam.com/executive-blog/primary-launch-partner-azure-stack.html

Currently from what i understand VEEAM agents has supports to DR Production workloads to Public Azure.

Thanks in advance and Regards. :D

Wen Jun.
wjching
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Ching Wen Jun

Re: VEEAM to support DR for Azure Stack

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello wjching,

Thank you for your post. Indeed, it's possible to install agent to a vm running in azure to protect it on a guest level.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 557 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby wjching » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Dima,

Thanks. I understand that is a possible scenario, however if I want to protect the whole stack I would need to install it to each and every VM. was wondering if this agent installation can be done centrally such as how VBR 9.5 U3 is doing right now ?

Regards,
Wen Jun
wjching
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi,

If it's possible to discover Azure VMs as a part of Veeam B&R protection group, then yes, you can automate the deployment and configuration distribution. Thanks.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby wjching » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

Hi Dima,

So far I have not seen such a thing being attempted before, would you happen to come across or know any tools or keyword i could search online for more information on this ? Understand that Azure Stack is built to be quite locked down in terms of the Hypervisor level and its storage levels, which could prove as a challenge in VM discovery. I suppose a tool that has integration with Azure Stack for this situation would come in pretty handy.

Regards,
Wen Jun.
wjching
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Here is Veeam Agent Management Guide which can be used to setup agent management functionality in Veeam B&R. Regarding the Azure Stack VMs - can you see/access these machines from your backup server?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows