Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
GREEN
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: northafrica

volume restoring error

Post by GREEN »

i m using windows server 2012 and Veeam endpoint backup software. i m used file level recovery some error come (already posted one thread) now i restore volume level when i m choose the restore point date after that showing error " Restoring ( D:) Error : Shared memory connection was closed. failed to download disk. Agent failed to process method { Data Transfer.SyncDisk}. exception from server. File deos not exit......Failed to upload disk.

PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: volume restoring error

Post by PTide »

Hi,

What kind of NAS do you use? Is it Synology by any chance? Also please Use "Tools" section of Recovery Media to collect logs and open a support case using any other Endpoint installation.

Thank you.
GREEN
Novice

Post by GREEN »

i m using normal one "seagate central 2 TB". nas.

i m new to veeam . can u give the step by step details.
Advance thanks Veeam team.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

I m using normal one "seagate central 2 TB". nas.
Have you just shared the folder on your machine or you use some dedicated NAS box like Synology?
i m new to veeam . can u give the step by step details.
Please see this article to learn how to export logs. Please take a look here to learn how to open a support case.

Thank you.
GREEN
Novice

Post by GREEN »

we find the tool screen. we could not find Export Logs. when i go to tool its showing blow pic
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

You need to export logs from the machine that is failing the restore. To do that you have follow the steps:

1. Boot from Recovery Media, open the tools view, on the Veeam Endpoint Recovery screen, click Tools. Then choose the Export Logs tool from the list. After that you can export those logs to a network share.

2. open a case with our support team from any working machine. In case the machine that you're trying to restore can boot into OS then use it.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

GREEN,

P.S. You can get the restore log from your backup repository (directly from the folder where backup file reside). There is no need to start the BMR once again.