VSS error with RC

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

VSS error with RC

Veeam Logoby renatorichina » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi

I had installed the beta Version before. Initinaly, I had there a VSS error when creating backups. In another Topic i found out, to create the Folder "C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup" to fix this, which has worked for my suprise.

Today I've downloaded the RC and UINSTALLED beta before. Now I am again unable to create any backup on my Win7 machine, also get always the error "Creating VSS snapshot error: failed to create Snapshot...".

I checked and the mentioned Folder still exists - so it has to be another Problem. Any ideas?

Regards
Renato
renatorichina
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Renato Richina

Re: VSS error with RC

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Renato,

Before you log a support case, could you please reboot first and then try again? I have seen this a couple of times after the installation of RC and removal of beta. Something to do with updates that are needed to SQL from Microsoft locking VSS.

if that doesn't solve the case, please log a support case through the email option on the support tab and post the case ID here so that Dima can follow up

Thanks

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby renatorichina » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi Mike

I already rebooted before post it here. So now i created a case: 00844779

Regards
Renato
renatorichina
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Renato Richina

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks Renato
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows