Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Axel F.
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Axel Frankenberg

Win 10/v21H2 - I had to install smb1 feature...

Post by Axel F. » 1 person likes this post

... to be able to see machines and shares with Veeam Agent Windows Free v6.0.0.960 (updated from v5.0 with the same problem)

Hi,

this above is not a joke. I want do backup to a Qnap NAS where me and the special backup user at Qnap has full access (proved in explorer).

Before I install the SMB1 Client I got an error "netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden" (network path not found) *immediately*. Veeam doesn't even seem to start looking for Computers and Shares. At least with SMB1 I can see the machines and some shares.

Trying to type in the share name (\\qnap1\backups) + credentials ([x] qnap1\backup) is even not working, but Windows Explorer has no problem to browse the hole net. I see machines and shares, can create files and folders ... all fine, but only Veeam refuses to work.

I have no more idea because this inadequacy. Disappointing.

Cheers - Axel
alea_acp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: SANDRO T.

Re: Win 10/v21H2 - I had to install smb1 feature...

Post by alea_acp »

Is SMB2/SMB3 enabled on QNAP? What version of QTS are you running? Is QTS updated to latest available version?
Sandro T.
sysinfma
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Chris

Post by sysinfma »

Oh YES, this is so INCREDIBLE!
Major version after major version and this is not being fixed - plus nobody cares. Even 6.0.2 has the same problem.

If Veeam does not want to fix the "Select Share" dialog to select a network share (by finally adding SMB2/3 support) they should at least remove the "Browse..." button.

However, the following scheme always did work for me:
Shared folder: \\192.168.0.10\Backup
User: mynas01\backupuser
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,

We will discuss possible fix with the devs, removing the option to browse the shares might be considered as well. Thank you for your feedback!