Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
milty60
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Miltenberger

Windows agent backup failing

Post by milty60 »

Support case ID 03514936
I am testing the backup product on a home lab. I downloaded the 30 day trial of Veeam Backup & Replication ver 9.5 and installed it on a Windows 2012 Ent server. Also downloaded the Veeam Microsoft Windows backup agent. I have a Windows 2008 Ent R2 server running the Hyper-V role - I have created a Windows 7 VM on it. I installed the agent on the Win 7 VM. The backup repository is local on the Win 2012 server. The Win 08 server is registered as the Hyper-V server in the B&R app.

When I attempt to backup the Windows 7 VM (specifically its c:\apps folder) via IP address either using the Win agent or backing up via Hyper V server I get - warning - waiting for rescan ... job rescan of Win7... unable to process 192.xxx.x.xxx host rescan ..... host rescan is required....Error - nothing to process.

Both servers are in a workgroup - not on a domain - with static IP addresses - I can ping all servers and Win 7 VM to and from.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Windows agent backup failing

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

please understand that the forum does not replace support. Posting to the forums short time after opening a case also does not speed up support.

I just guess networking issues because my home lab looked similar some time ago. Please wait for answer from support.

Best regards,
Hannes
milty60
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Miltenberger

Re: Windows agent backup failing

Post by milty60 »

Ok. Will do.

Thanks,

Milty