Writer Thread was terminated

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Writer Thread was terminated

Veeam Logoby Escambray » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 am

Hi,

This morning i have this problem:

"Volume D: has 2 problems. Details: Writer thread was terminated. Full backup: BatchBackupObjectsToTape failed Writer thread was terminated. Writer thread was terminated".

What does it mean?
Escambray
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Escambray

Re: Writer Thread was terminated

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 am

Hello Escambray,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this error. Please go to Control Panel > Support > Technical Support and submit an issue to our technical support team (it’s free).
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 479 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby sasilik » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 am

Same error happened with our VEEAM, 9.5 with update 2. After restarting jobs again they work for now. Its first time it happened when using VEEAM to write files to tape. About 3 months for now. Opened a case and submitted logs and going to wait what support says.
sasilik
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Markko Meriniit

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Markko,

Thanks for the update (and clarification that this issue is related to tape support). If possible, please share the case ID for future reference. Cheers!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 479 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby sasilik » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Case #02276554 . But so far there isn't anything conclusive, maybe something to do with storage.
sasilik
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby sasilik » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 am

As its not directly Veeam problem the case is going to be closed but I hope that maybe there should be options for retrying if there is some error reading file. I had another case where one tape job terminated with error - Failed to open file <file name>] for reading. Unable to read file block.
And entire tape job was terminated. Is there possibilty to create options to configure number of retries for example. If there is some temporary network error and file can' t be read then tape job tries N times and if there is still error then logs error and file name and goes to next file and tries to continue. And it does not terminate entire job with first error which may not be even fatal.
sasilik
Enthusiast

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows