Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
petitbleu
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: LE COQ MANUEL

FLR Linux deploy to AHV for backup agent

Post by petitbleu »

Hello,
I have a ticket in parallel to this post.
I have a backup of a physical server and I want to do a file restoration. As the server is critical, I would prefer to use FLR to avoid disrupting production.
But when I choose helper appliance I configure it on my AHV cluster, network, storage and its ip address. I can't go any further because it tells me that I haven't configured the network.
Support tells me this is only possible on a vmware environment. I don't understand the technical limitation because it works correctly on Linux vm (AHV) whose backups are stored on the same repository.
I have a workaround, which is to deploy a linux vm with the agent, but that means I have to maintain a server just for that.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: FLR Linux deploy to AHV for backup agent

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
can you please post the support case number to check the details?

The automatic deployed helper appliance exists only for VMware / Hyper-V. But you can use any Linux machine as helper host. It does not need the agent.
I don't understand the technical limitation because it works correctly on Linux vm (AHV)
I'm not sure I get this. Linux VM restores work the same as Veeam Agent for Linux restores from the VBR console. One selects a helper host and is "good to go"

Best regards,
Hannes
petitbleu
Enthusiast

Post by petitbleu »

The ticket number is: 06103504

I am well able to do FLR with the helper appliance for AHV with automatic deployment, for the VMs I have backed up. I don't understand why it's not possible to deploy the helper appliance on AHV.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

ah sorry, I forgot that we added the automatic helper appliance deployment also for AHV.
I don't understand why it's not possible to deploy the helper appliance on AHV.
agree... I just got the information, that it's a known bug.
petitbleu
Enthusiast

Post by petitbleu »

Thank you, it has been confirmed that this is a bug and that it will be dealt with in another version of veeam v 12.