Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
sgh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Help Desk

Re: Installation on Raspberry (ARMHF) CPU

Post by sgh »

+1 vote for Veeam Agent for ARM (Raspberry, as example).

we also have a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB)

lexusnn
Lurker
Full Name: Alexey

Post by lexusnn »

1 vote for Veeam Agent for ARM

Orange pi pc plus

CatSpirent
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Caterine Kieffer

Post by CatSpirent »

I will add my vote.
We develop a product on an arm based processor.
It would be nice to have an easy backup of the developer's files vs the setup they created.

tehinternet
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike

Post by tehinternet »

I came across this thread because I was doing a quick search for 'veeam linux agent on raspberry pi' before trying it. We have some pi's at work(where we are using Veeam) for various things. We have a business customer with like ~30 Raspberry pi's of theirs on site. I also have 2 at home running various home automation things.

I guess this is my vote for please support the linux agent on arm, at least for raspberry pis.

PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 673 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

What kind of backup/restore do you expect? Just files or something else? Would you describe the desired workflow, please?

For instance:

1. I push the Agents via SSH onto all RPi'es the same way as VBR does today.
2. I order the Agents to grab all files from "/etc", "/sensors_data", "/lib/modules" in a recursive manner (crash-consistent file-level backup)
3. When one of the RPi'es dies, I replace its dead SDcard (HDD?) with a new one which contains the OS in a mint condition and upload only data, config files, and modules onto the revived RPi, then reboot.
We have some pi's at work(where we are using Veeam) for various things.
Would be interesting to hear about the applications.

Thanks!

steamrick
Lurker

Post by steamrick »

It's been a while since the thread saw some love, but I'd also like to echo the desire for a Veeam Agent that's ARM compatible.

My usecase - I run proxmox on a Pi 4 8GB (pimox) and I'd like a simple and more comprehensive backup than what proxmox offers. Proxmox backup will backup VMs and LXCs, but that doesn't save the images, templates, configuration and such that I've set up on the host. I'd love for Veeam to be able to pick up the slack because I already user B&R (community edition) for my homelab.

vidmanvidcams
Lurker

Post by vidmanvidcams »

+1 on ARM.

Would love to use this for UniFi Protect backups. Ubiquiti NVRs run on ARM. I know Ubiquiti wouldn't support this but I see no reason it wouldn't work as long as the client doesn't consume too many resources.

PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 673 times

Post by PTide »

@Gruncho,

Tell me more, please. Those RPis, do they keep any production data on a local storage that needs to be backed up, or they just keep configs for some stateless apps?
When you say 'restore the service', are you referring to simply reviving some dead RPis, or you want to restore the actual production data that is kept on RPis as well? If the latter, then please describe where the data is stored and how is it accessed by RPis.

Thanks!