Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
lelsrud
Novice
Liked: never

problem installing Linux agent

Post by lelsrud »

Hi.
i am quite new to the linux-environment, and are having some problems installing veeamsnap on our server.
the server os is ubuntu 21.04 hirsute.
It fails on dependencies. But when I run the installer for the missing dependencies, it just keeps going with more dependencies. until I meet one I cant install.

And then I try to run apt --fix-broken install and get this (And more similar errors):

Code: Select all

failed to fetch http://no.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/d/dkms/dkms_2_8.4-4_all.deb 404 Not found
And I get it, it is not there, but how can i fix this/find the missing files?
i have also tried apt-get update, but all ends in error.

Thank you in advance for helping me.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: problem installing Linux agent

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
to install packages on Linux, the dependencies must be met. That's how package manager work.
dkms_2_8.4-4_all.deb
according to this website the second underscore should be a period / dot and the package name sounds wrong. I have no idea, where that message comes from. Maybe "apt update" is missing are the apt package manager catalog is wrong.

That issue is independent from Veeam. I suggest to make sure that "apt install dkms" works. If that does not work, I suggest to ask on the Ubuntu forums or Ubuntu support.

Best regards,
Hannes