Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
wane
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Walter Neu

Veeam Agent and Oracle Application Aware

Post by wane »

Hi,

we are usinge the new Veeam Agent, which has been rolled out by our VBR server V11, on a linux vm with an oracle database.
No, we want to backup the redo logs from Oracle. So far so good.
In the settings of the Veeam Agent, we had set Application Aware with "Require succsessful processing" and unter Oracle Tab we specified the sys user, do not delete archived logs and checked Backup logs every 15 minutes.

The process for backing up the redo logs runs, but no Oracle DB is found: "09.03.2021 16:58:58 :: Waiting for backups of VMs with Oracle to appear"

What are we doing wrong? I can't see what else is to do. User sys has the necessary privileges, the db instance has archivelog on.....
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Veeam Agent and Oracle Application Aware

Post by PTide »

Hi,

In order to back up Oracle logs Veeam needs at least one restore point of the machine to exist. Have you run Veeam Agent for Linux backup for that machine already?

Thanks!
wane
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Walter Neu

Post by wane »

Yes, we did. Even Active Fulls
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

My bad, I didn't make it clear initially.

If you configured log backups in VM job (that is, you treat the machine as a VM), then you must have existing backups for that VM.
If you configured log backups in Agent job (that is, you treat the machine as an Agent), then you must have existing backups for that Agent.

I hope that helps

Thanks!