Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

How to choose the IP address order for the target VBR?

Post by mikeely »

Our setup looks like this: linux agent talks to Windows Veeam server over 10006 then is redirected to the linux VBR which has 4 interfaces (we have a complex environment). Unfortunately the agent tries two of the wrong interfaces first, with a 60-second timeout for each, before finally trying the correct interface and then more control data flows, with more 2-minute timeouts, etc... How do I edit this order so the agent is trying the correct interface on the backup repo the first time and ONLY using that interface?

What I've found in docs so far has this:
veeamconfig vbrserver edit --address
But then I'd be directing away from the Veeam server and only hitting the backup repo?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Re: How to choose the IP address order for the target VBR?

Post by mikeely »

Also I was kinda hoping there'd be a nice text file to edit config on for the backup job but somebody chose sqlite instead. Not that it's impossible to edit these by hand but for Agent version 4.1 can we move config to text files please?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: How to choose the IP address order for the target VBR?

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Unfortunately the agent tries two of the wrong interfaces first, with a 60-second timeout for each, before finally trying the correct interface and then more control data flows, with more 2-minute timeouts, etc... How do I edit this order so the agent is trying the correct interface on the backup repo the first time and ONLY using that interface?
The agent is supposed to memorize which interface is the correct one, so that the next time it will go straight to the proper interface. Is that what happens, or you see the agent knocking in the wrong interfaces anyway?
Also I was kinda hoping there'd be a nice text file to edit config on for the backup job but somebody chose sqlite instead. Not that it's impossible to edit these by hand but for Agent version 4.1 can we move config to text files please?
You can either edit job settings via CLI, or use configuration import/export.

As for the initial ask - right now I cannot tell if we are going to move away from the database anytime soon.

Thanks!