Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
ikacsor
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kácsor István

Refreshing old Veeam for Linux with a newly downloaded deb

Post by ikacsor »

Hi,

on an Ubuntu16, first I installed Veeam Endpoint with a previously (about 3 months ago) downloaded deb package.
After I tried to run the newly created backup job, it said it's not possible because it's expired. OK, I downloaded the
brand new 2 deb packages and installed them. After that, I had 72 months to expire, but when I tried to run it said
"didn't decrypt password for ...(my CIFS). OK, I tried to create a new backup job, but it says unable to create job
because "table BackupJobs has no column named current_backup_id". I think it has a(n SQLite) database created
with a previous version of Veeam and some columns,tables,etc missing. How can I solve this problem?
(I tried to delete its SQLile db by deleting .sqlite file in /var/lib/veeam/... but didn't work)

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Refreshing old Veeam for Linux with a newly downloaded d

Post by PTide »

Hi,
After that, I had 72 months to expire<...>
I hope you meant days, otherwise you really need to check date and time settings on the server :)
I think it has a(n SQLite) database created with a previous version of Veeam and some columns,tables,etc missing.
You are right, the error appears due to differences in databases. Please run the following commands:

Code: Select all

dpkg --purge veeam
dpkg --purge veeamsnap
and try to reinstall veeam.

Thanks
ikacsor
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kácsor István

Re: Refreshing old Veeam for Linux with a newly downloaded d

Post by ikacsor » 1 person likes this post

I hope you meant days, otherwise you really need to check date and time settings on the server :)

You are right, the error appears due to differences in databases. Please run the following commands:
Of course, I meant days :-)

And, thx, it worked, now the backup job is running.

Thank you!