Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
badrider306
Novice
Liked: never

Restore "physical" Linux without FLR Apliance on Veeam Server

Post by badrider306 »

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have been using Veeam Backup and Replication Community edition for long time on Hyper V Hosts, all cool. But now, I have some linux machines on Google Cloud that I want to keeping backups.

I installed a Veeam Server with Windows 2019 on Google Compute Engine and I already registred the first Linux Server to backup as a "physical" VM.

So, my problem is when I try to restaure files (file level restauration) because the veeam server requieres me to have a ESX FLR Apliance.

The VM registrer con my Veeam Server:

The part that I stuck on.

Is there another way to do that?. A documentation or something like that because I am very lost with that.

I tried to find the answer on internet without good results.

Thank in advance for your invaluable help and time. Best Regards.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Restore "physical" Linux without FLR Apliance on Veeam Server

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

If you use Veeam Backup & Replication, then vSphere or Hyper-V host is required to run the FLR helper appliance.

If you have just a few Linux machines, use can install and use a standalone Veeam Agent for Linux on each. This has the local user interface that allows to perform file-level recovery.
badrider306
Novice

Post by badrider306 »

Hi @Gostev,

Oh! :(. Bad for me. I didnt know that. That's why a got stuck on that.

I will configure that like you said.

I have another question, is there a way to add that Linux VM or BackUp job in my Veeam Backup & Replication server?. Or I have to perform the backups and restores directly on my Linux VM with the standalone software?

Thank you so much for answer me and helper me, that's was very helpfull for me.
badrider306
Novice

Post by badrider306 »

So guys, CONCLUSION:

Gustav says:
"If you use Veeam Backup & Replication, then vSphere or Hyper-V host is required to run the FLR helper appliance
ANd in order to integrate with the Veeam Backup and Replication Server you can do this (Integration with VBR): https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=40

I will try that and later I going to post here some screenshots :roll:
badrider306
Novice

Post by badrider306 »

Ok I have to say that you have to restore the linux machine directly on the linux machine. You can´t restore from VBR like I tought.

At least, I can view the job on my VBR server and configure the notifications I think (in case of warnings of job failed)