Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
limitless
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lee

Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to x.x.x.x Error: Failed to get path for 'veeaminstaller' utility for OS

Post by limitless »

Hi,
Case ID: 04148874

I think have issues and tried few things.

Linux Server Issue (Centos)
1. Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to 10.39.142.225 Error: Unable to create elevated SSH connection: sudo failed and failover to su has failed (Failed to check fingerprint)
Solution: I was open root user. But
Issue: But I need close the root account.. how can I do?

2. Unable to install veeam agent.
Case: it's dkms not installed.
Solution: So I install dkms, but very confused.. It was very difficult to find repository. I found here https://centos.pkgs.org/7/epel-aarch64/ ... h.rpm.html

3. Unable to connect V&R and Agent.
Case: Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to 10.39.140.56 Error: Failed to get path for 'veeaminstaller' utility for OS platform 'Unknown'
Tried: So I tried direct install veeam agent and success. but can't connect each other..

Windows Server still unresolved.
I'm having a very hard time..

Please help.

Best regards,
Lee
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to x.x.x.x Error: Failed to get path for 'veeaminstaller' utility for

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

1. Yes, you can do it also with sudo permissions.

2. yes, DKMS is a requirement

3. The rescan process must work first. If that works and you meet the requirements, then the installation the agent works.

I recommend to continue with support and not mixing two different topics (Windows and Linux) in one case. It also sounds like that you have networking issues which are hard to troubleshoot in a forum.

Best regards,
Hannes