- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 14, 2020 12:00 pm
- Full Name: emrecanakdere
I have 2 questions . Anyone help me ?
1-- İs Veeam Backup & Replication available as a Linux-based virtual appliance?
2- Can I manage my linux servers with Veeam Backup And Replication ?
for example , ı will install backup and replication on virtual windows machine . Then , Can I add manage and add my linux servers ? with ssh or any protocol ? is it possible ?
- Service Provider
- Posts: 22
- Liked: 6 times
- Joined: Feb 05, 2016 12:26 pm
- Full Name: Erwann SIMON
Veeam Backup & Replication is only available can only be installed on Windows but :
- some roles/components can be deployed on Linux machines such as Backup Repository or Backup Proxy (managed by the Windows Backup Server)
- the Backup Server can be deployed as a virtual machine or a physical machine.
- With Veeam Backup & Replication, you can protect Windows or Windows machines using agentless mechanisms for virtual machines (on supported hypervisors such as VMware vSphre, Microsoft Hyper-V or Nutanix AHV) or any Windows or Windows machines, physical or virtual, using Veeam Agent for Windows/for Linux.
The agents use a prorietary protocol to communicate with the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 5669
- Liked: 556 times
- Joined: May 19, 2015 1:46 pm
Clarification - ssh connection from VBR to Linux Agents is still required.The agents use a prorietary protocol to communicate with the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests