Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
basball
Lurker
Liked: never

Can change ip VAO?

Post by basball »

Infra has vao 1 HQ and 1 DR. We plan to move dr site to new location. I can change IP address?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Can change ip VAO?

Post by PetrM »

Hi Basball!

Welcome to our community forum!

Can I ask you to clarify what IP are you talking about? vCenter or VAO server itself?
If you're using VAO 1.0, I'd suggest to review this guide to migrate VAO 1.0 deployment to version 2.0. The new installation scenario might be an option after moving DR to another location.

Thanks!
basball
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by basball »

Hi Petrm
I understand for solution but customer need to upgrade vao v1 to vao v2 at this site. Before move to new dr location. After move vao to dr site i can change ip vao?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Thanks for reply!

IP address change shouldn't be a problem as long as you follow these instructions.
I wouldn't recommend to migrate the whole machine on which VAO is already installed and to simply change its IP because it might be a challenge to predict possible issues.

However, please keep in mind that there is no direct upgrade to the 2.0 version. You can consider migration scenario and to install VAO 2.0 during preparation phase (pages 6-7) on a server which is located on the new DR site.

Thanks!