- Service Provider
- Posts: 55
- Liked: 4 times
- Joined: Feb 05, 2016 8:07 pm
Since where are already at V10 with around 180 servers replicated whit VBR v10 and want to deploy VAO within the next month or two, what is our best option?
Can we restore the database from v10 on a v9.5 u4?
Should we wait for VAO 3.0 since summer is in 2 months ;-P
Used the embaded VBR v9.5 u4 in VAO for the replication and keep the backup in the VBR v10?
- VP, Product Management
- Posts: 1021
- Liked: 214 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
1. Unfortunately you cannot restore a VBR database into a server of a previous version.
2. Yes, we are looking to GA in approx 2 months; however there could be an RTM build available sooner
3. This would work, if you are only using VAO to manage replica VMs, then using the embedded 9.5 VBR in VAO for replication would work perfectly.
Overall, I would suggest option (2), as it will be an easy in-place upgrade of VAO and then deploying a VAO agent to your VBR v10. However it does depend on your timescales.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest