- Posts: 19
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jun 01, 2014 6:03 am
- Full Name: Craig Hart
- Product Manager
- Posts: 6255
- Liked: 742 times
- Joined: Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm
- Full Name: Mike Resseler
- Location: Belgium
The timezone shown is the default one from the appliance (server) and in AWS it is UTC by default. Since this is a linux appliance (Ubuntu) you can SSH to it and change the timezone.
We are working on something to make it easier in the next version though
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 278
- Liked: 70 times
- Joined: Jul 21, 2015 12:38 pm
- Full Name: Dustin Albertson
To add onto what Mike said I thought i would give some steps.
1. Ssh into the VBA instance using the keypair associated with the instance. ssh -i "/location/of/yourkey.pem" ubuntu@ec2-X-X-X-X.compute-1.amazonaws.com
2. There are many command options to change the timezone, but i find this command to be the most user friendly. run the command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata"
3. a list will pop up and allow you to use the arrow keys to select your region and hit enter
4. then chose your time zone and hit enter
5. You have not set the timezone to your choice, but you may need to restart the services to make it take, so i would recommend that no policies are running and then just reboot the instance.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest