Agentless, cloud-native backup for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
1971merlin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig Hart

Console time incorrect

Post by 1971merlin »

Our veeam for AWS https console shows the wrong time - it's out by many hours. i suspect some sort of timezone issue. How do we get it to show the correct local time?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Console time incorrect

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Craig,

The timezone shown is the default one from the appliance (server) and in AWS it is UTC by default. Since this is a linux appliance (Ubuntu) you can SSH to it and change the timezone.
We are working on something to make it easier in the next version though
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Re: Console time incorrect

Post by dalbertson » 1 person likes this post

Hi Craig,

To add onto what Mike said I thought i would give some steps.

1. Ssh into the VBA instance using the keypair associated with the instance. ssh -i "/location/of/yourkey.pem" ubuntu@ec2-X-X-X-X.compute-1.amazonaws.com
2. There are many command options to change the timezone, but i find this command to be the most user friendly. run the command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata"
3. a list will pop up and allow you to use the arrow keys to select your region and hit enter
4. then chose your time zone and hit enter
5. You have not set the timezone to your choice, but you may need to restart the services to make it take, so i would recommend that no policies are running and then just reboot the instance.
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances