- Posts: 79
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Jun 03, 2016 5:44 am
- Full Name: Iio Asahi
- Location: Japan
Does anyone know of a comparison between "Veeam Backup for Azure" and "Azure Backup"?
I would like to know the advantage of "Veeam Backup for Azure" over "Azure Backup".
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 4344
- Liked: 883 times
- Joined: Jul 15, 2013 11:09 am
- Full Name: Niels Engelen
- Posts: 3
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 20, 2020 8:51 am
In my view, you would have following advantages,
- central management server for all backups
- per VM price is cheaper per year
- deploy your 'storage account' to any region for 'offsite' backup. So in case of disaster, your backups are instantly available. With Azure Recovery Services vaults, this is limited to paired regions.
- Backup any VM without extension being installed
- it needs additional infrastructure (central server, workers, vnet, etc.)
- it creates additional bandwidth costs
- Product Manager
- Posts: 6934
- Liked: 935 times
- Joined: Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm
- Full Name: Mike Resseler
- Location: Belgium
First, Retok, thanks for your research and feedback.
To me, the biggest advantage is that your backups become portable. This means that the backups stored on object storage can be seen in VBR (and soon with more integration) and be used for a backup copy job, restored on a hyper-v or vmware box or something like that. Allowing you to get your data and bring it to another medium.
And obviously, this is v1 of our solution, much more will be coming soon.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest