Agentless, cloud-native backup for Microsoft Azure
backupquestions
Expert
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Alabaster McJenkins

Any timeline on this?

Post by backupquestions »

I see v2 has released for AWS backup product, including CBT and App aware which is wonderful.

Our sites have a big push to move to the cloud, and we are likely going to go to Azure since everyone likes all Microsoft stuff here.

I am very happy with B&R and I have a hesitation to move to full cloud in Azure due to the lack of AAIP mainly, and I assume CBT is missing on this one as well but not sure. Haven't used it yet.

So anyway, I assume the same features are planned to be brought to Azure and I understand you will have your own set of dealings with MIcrosoft to make this happen etc, but I just wondered if it is something we could expect in say the next year or 2 at most? I'm going to have to push back on moving to the cloud until I could get similar features as B&R.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Any timeline on this?

Post by nielsengelen »

V1 already has CBT within VB for Azure. V2 is planned and well underway but we can’t give an exact release date or feature set yet (but for sure this year :-)).
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Post by dalbertson »

Azure uses CBT in its current version.
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
backupquestions
Expert
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Alabaster McJenkins

Post by backupquestions »

Wonderful news that CBT is already there in that one, and that V2 is planned. Thank you!