Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
johnbo
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Access Is Denied Connectino to OUTLOOK.OFFICE365.COM ERROR at VEEAM BACKUP for MICROSOFT 365

Post by johnbo »

I checked my setup and had to update my users and now getting the error "ACCESS IS DENIED CONNECTING TO OUTLOOK.OFFICE365.COM ERROR AT VEEAM BACKUP FOR MICROSOFT 365"

I found a page https://www.checkyourlogs.net/fix-acces ... osoft-365/ explaining how to fix it BUT NOT totaly sure it would work and would it be correct to do, can anyone give some insight on the correct way to resolve this issue?

Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Re: Access Is Denied Connectino to OUTLOOK.OFFICE365.COM ERROR at VEEAM BACKUP for MICROSOFT 365

Post by Regnor »

It could be that Microsoft has disabled Legacy Authentication for your tenant. Although your backup jobs would have failed and probably also EWS wasn't working anymore. The diagnosis test from the blog post will show if protocols have been disabled and let's you enable them again.

Also you could check if the authentication policies are still in place. I've had it one time that those disappeared.

Anyway, you should prepare to move to modern authentication only. Microsoft will soon disabled Legacy Authentication and so it won't work with VB365 anymore.