Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
hbilke
Expert
Liked: 4 times

could someone keep API-rights up to date or ...

Post by hbilke »

Ave collegae,

this d******** M365 / Azure application setup drives me crazzzieie.

Documentation to follow is a mess: M$ changes naming and grouping of API-rights almost over nite. You have to cris-cross thru spreaded documents

There are some nice write ups but not yet for V6 and the values for Q2/2022 - could veeam support just build one anew?

Luckily I already have grey hair

Harry
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: could someone keep API-rights up to date or ...

Post by Mike Resseler »

Harry,

I will look into it, but isn't all the information needed not here? https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=60

(PS: Sometimes the naming and grouping is changed with a select amount of tenants and rolled out over the next months to the rest. So it could be that we are not yet seeing these over-night changes)
hbilke
Expert

Post by hbilke »

Hi Mike,

the problem is the "unstructered" jump there - come back - nope better take another linked page first - land on an older version et. al.
I'll take the suggested link and work thru it.
Cheers and thanks
hbilke
Expert

Post by hbilke »

Faster than lightning ...

got the permission to use the certificate path and not create a application from "scratch".

Interesting to see the "new" right assignments.

-->
Thank you! Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 broke after upgrading to v5 and was asking for “full_access_as_app” which I couldn’t find until I found this article. Thanks again!

Thank you was for that info:
"Instead, to add the relevant permissions you now need to go back to the top of the Request API permissions pane, click the APIs my organization uses tab and search for Office 365 Exchange Online. Note that searching for just Exchange will not yield any results, as the search functionality in Azure AD blade remains quite poor."
(https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/3180/ ... ns-missing)

Harry