Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
EWMarco
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Marco Glavas

Having issues restoring large amounts of Sharepoint documents

Post by EWMarco »

Hi everyone

I am tasked with extracting an archival sharepoint folder from the environment using backup and I am having issues. The file listing in Sharepoint itself leads us to expect 266 000 files at about 1TB to reside in the target folder.

However, when restoring, we only get 229 000 files or about 800GB out of there. We've had issues with errors and support has lead us to increase timeout settings. However logs record "Error: {Desktop composition is disabled} ".

As far as I am aware, this is part of the windows desktop experience. Is it compulsory to use a client OS or a server to restore with Veeam Application Explorers? If so, why only after 229k successful elements?

Is there a way to see how many elements a folder contains in backup? Through PowerShell perhaps?

The corresponding case number is 06075330. Version 7.0.0.2914 P20230302
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Having issues restoring large amounts of Sharepoint documents

Post by Polina »

Hi Marco,

Honestly, this error is new to me and I don't see atm how it can be possibly related to our restore process. Please continue working with our support team, our engineers troubleshooting your case will take a closer look at this problem.

Thanks!