Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Johnny L
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Johnny Løberg

Re: Issue with Personal Sites after O365 user-account is deleted in v5

Post by Johnny L » 2 people like this post

moordoom wrote: Jan 27, 2022 10:13 pm Yea, this PowerShell works fine if you have a couple of these, those of us that have several hundred, not so much.

5b did change it to a Warning instead of a Fail, but is it backing it up or passing over it?

I am on 5d now with the 5d cumulative applied and get the 'warnings' now and a new Error for some now -
1/27/2022 3:01:31 PM :: Failed to process site: https://mytenant-my.sharepoint.com/pers ... n-name_com. Cannot contact site at the specified URL https://mytenant-my.sharepoint.com/pers ... n-name_com. Access to this Web site has been blocked. Please contact the administrator to resolve this problem.

Does anyone know of a tool to cleanup these 'orphaned' sites?
This still doesn't rule out Powershell. In fact, it is exactly why I use Powershell: automate tasks so that regardless of size and growth my workload stays the same after implementation.

Create a Powershell-script that
1) Searches for sites where LockState is "NoAccess" (if I remember correctly, can probably find it here on the forum)
2) Exclude sites from your job(s) / change LockState to Unlock or ReadOnly / delete site like 4thandBailey showed you.

Run said script as a scheduled task before your scheduled job, Bob's your uncle.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Not sure what Bob's your uncle means... but yes, that would be the same approach I would take :-)
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

Post by johannesk »

I want to clean up those 'Access to this Web site has been blocked' errors in our Sharepoint/Teams backup job.

Those errors come for personal sites of users that have been disabled. The method I'm using now is to edit the job, and add those blocked sites as exclusion. When I list up the personal sites then VBO detects those sites as blocked.

Has anyone been able to do this nicely with powershell to get a list of those blocked sites from the organization and make powershell then add those as excluded? A holistic solution.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina » 1 person likes this post

With some creativity to adapt, I believe this script can be used as a base.
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz »

Polina, I'm using v6 and facing the same issue for a already deleted user (removed from the azure recycle bin as well): "failed to process site xxxxxx cannot cotnact site at the specified URL xxxx"
I've tried to run the powershell-script above, but it does not display any removed users from that job.

Any idea? Thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Michael,

How is this site added to the backup job - as part of a user account or as a SharePoint site?
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz »

Hi Polina,

as a SharePoint site.