Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rand0m.bullet
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Hasan

moved customers snapshot based repo to a new server but have lost have lost all prior restore points

Post by rand0m.bullet »

gday,

I recently moved a customer's snapshot-based repo to a new Server (Server 2019, from 2016) but I have lost all prior restore points in the process.

I can see restore points from after the move without issue.

The Version of Veeam for M365 is the same between both old and new.

I still have access to the old server for the time being.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1276 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: moved customers snapshot based repo to a new server but have lost have lost all prior restore points

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey,

First: welcome to the internal forums
Second: What type of repository do you have? Is it a Jet DB type of repository? Or an OSR repository? Did you reconnect the repository to the new VB365 server? And then created a new job pointing to that same repository?
rand0m.bullet
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Hasan

Re: moved customers snapshot based repo to a new server but have lost have lost all prior restore points

Post by rand0m.bullet »

Hi Mike,
Thanks, long time lurker, rarely a poster though.

It is indeed a Jet DB Type repo. I have created a new job, pointing to the repo (actually 3 jobs, 3 repo's) and have taken backups with each job since. They all exhibit the same behavior in which I still only see the backup restore points since moving the repo's to the new server, I am unable to go back in time for historical purposes.

Further info, they are snapshot based retention types - keep forever is the policy that is and was historically set.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1276 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

That seems wrong to be honest. Please create a support case for this one and let us know the support case ID here.