Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Mohammed Sohail
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mohammed Sohail

Re: Office365 performance

Post by Mohammed Sohail »

dotdk wrote: Sep 22, 2022 12:39 pm Hi Mohammed and Polina

We would be very interested in what changes was made to to proxy.xml since we are facing very long processing times.

We have seen increased backup time for SharePoint and OneDrive data since version 6. We were originally running with 50 backup applications, when that was a help, but are now down to 2, but we are still facing heavy throttling. If possible please share any insights you get from the scenario Mohammed described.
Hi, I believe each environment have different configuration. i can't provide you if the same configuration will help you but basically Veeam Support provided a specific change only to the affected repository in the Proxy.xml and the change was mainly increasing the cache values of the blob and SharePoint backup.
i suggest to provide this information to the support team to provide you with the exact change.
fractalenergy
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Francis Brodeur

Post by fractalenergy »

I'd still be interested in getting this configuration change informations to test it on a specific tenant problem on my side for a specific tenant as a service provider, and let you guys know if it seems to help or not. Might help veeam support to know if it could be a configuration change to apply widely or help diagnose futher similar problem.

Please PM me the information if you agree, thnx.
JaySt
Service Provider
Liked: 75 times
Full Name: JaySt

Post by JaySt »

Mohammed Sohail wrote: Sep 25, 2022 2:15 pm Hi, I believe each environment have different configuration. i can't provide you if the same configuration will help you but basically Veeam Support provided a specific change only to the affected repository in the Proxy.xml and the change was mainly increasing the cache values of the blob and SharePoint backup.
i suggest to provide this information to the support team to provide you with the exact change.
Can you please share some details about the proxy.xml configuration changes? Perhaps share the content?
Not that i'm looking to exactly copy the values, but to understand where this optimization would come from.
Veeam Certified Engineer
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 613 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello Jay,
If you are interested in those changes, I would recommend speaking with Support, perhaps even referring to the thread or support ticket. Those changes were determined after doing a deep inspection of Veeam logs, Microsoft logs, etc. Those changes could benefit your environment, or your Customers environment, or make it much worse and slower hence you can not find those on a public KB, forums, or blogs.

Open a quick ticket and hopefully they would share it with you.

Thanks!
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
JaySt
Service Provider
Liked: 75 times
Full Name: JaySt

Post by JaySt »

Understood. i just dont have a clue about the (type of) parameters that are tunable there.
I'll see if support can help out.
Veeam Certified Engineer