Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
nickfranzen
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nick Franzen

Processing mailbox IT completed with warning: Mailbox is already processed by another job

Post by nickfranzen »

Hello,

I have 3 backup jobs:
  • Exchange
  • OneDrive
  • Sharepoint/Teams
Currently, I'm getting a warning that our Microsoft 365 Group mailboxes are getting backed up by two jobs. Is there a way to exclude just the mailbox portion of the M365 group from our Sharepoint/Teams job?

Thanks!
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Processing mailbox IT completed with warning: Mailbox is already processed by another job

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Nick,

Yes, there are exclude options when you configure a backup job.
Just to clarify - you can find the detailed description of such cases here.

Thanks!
nickfranzen
Novice

Re: Processing mailbox IT completed with warning: Mailbox is already processed by another job

Post by nickfranzen »

Thanks, Natalia. The edit button for the groups in the "Select objects to exclude" is grayed out so I can't exclude the mailbox portion. Should I submit a support request for this?
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran

Nick,
You cannot edit exclusion options of the Sites, Teams and Public Mailbox object types.
So "Edit" option is not available for sites for example -

Is this your case?

Thanks!
nickfranzen
Novice

Post by nickfranzen »

HI Natalia,

That is correct. I cannot edit the Teams I've excluded from the job to exclude Mail from the backup job. Edit is grayed out, like the image above.

Nick
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry for the late response.
I'm not sure Teams is the object from which you have to exclude Mail processing option. I believe there should be another object.
Could you maybe share your job configuration? (don't forget to hide all sensitive information)

Thanks!
nickfranzen
Novice

Post by nickfranzen »

Thanks, Natalia,

I think I was able to get it figured out. I selected all of the Microsoft/Office 365 groups and excluded group emails. This should exclude the emails portion of the M365 groups from getting backed up by the job. Would you agree?

Nick
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Nick,

If I understand it correctly, you want to exclude group emails from teams groups. This is not possible because we need those to work with chat messages I'm afraid. Just out of curiosity, is there a specific need to exclude those emails? (As far as I see, there are almost never emails inside besides the chat messages)
MCH_helferlein
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Peter Helfer

Post by MCH_helferlein »

Today I am falling into the same problem.

I have three Jobs:

Mail Backup:
Object: Organization
Process: Mail only

OneDrive Backup:
Process: OneDrive only

SP/Teams Backup:
Process: SP/Teams only

Mail and OneDrive running fine.

The SP/Teams backup now gives the warning on every Teams Mailbox an warning, that it's already processed by another job.
I think its backed up by the Mail backup job.
Do I have to exclude every Teams in the Mail job to separate them?
Even if I specify exactly for every job what to process?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2302 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hello Peter
I think its backed up by the Mail backup job.
Most likely. The Mail Backup Job is protecting the M365 Group Mailbox which is connected to a teams. And the Teams Backup Job backups this M365 Groups for the Team Messages.

Any chance to schedule both jobs so that they don't overlap?
For example, let your Mail Backup run at 8 PM, and your Team/SPO Backup Job at 10 PM.
That should be easier to handle than excluding objects.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
MCH_helferlein
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Peter Helfer

Post by MCH_helferlein »

Dear Fabian.

Thanks for the reply.

So when they do not run simultaneosly there is no error?
That might be a solution.
Currently the run every 1 or 2 hours, but I could schedule the SP/Teams only on daily basis and Mail every two hours.
That would be ok.

Thank you
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Yes, the warning is shown, when two different jobs are processing the same object at the same time.
Veeam stops the processing in one job, shows the warning and only protects it with the other job.
If it's ok to run it on a daily basis, then you can do that. I don't know your RPO requirements.
Bjoern_ch
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Bjoern

Post by Bjoern_ch »

Had the same Warning. Jobs are splitted into mail + OD + SP/Teams, too.
I added the Teams as Exclusions to the mail Job, now I don`t get any warnings even if the jobs run concurrently (it does not sound logical to me, but you can exclude the teams even if the teams are not included in the first place).
@Mildur if the jobs run not concurrently there is no warning. But if I have a different repo for each services, then I store the (same) data in both repos? Is that correct?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Björn

Yes, using different repository means storing the protected data twice.
I added the Teams as Exclusions to the mail Job, now I don`t get any warnings even if the jobs run concurrently (it does not sound logical to me, but you can exclude the teams even if the teams are not included in the first place).
Do you have added "Organization - Process Mail" to the backup job?
Each Teams has a M365 group with an active mailbox. This mailbox will be backed up by an "Organization - Process Mail" backup job. And it will also be backed up by an "Organization - Process Teams" backup job.

Thanks
Fabian