mmat
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mateusz M

Schedule Updates and monitoring.

Post by mmat »

Hello,

I'm just getting started with Veeam. I have two questions about the platform:

1. Is it possible to schedule an update but NOT backups, only machines? I know I can enable automatic update but I would like to schedule it.

2. How can I monitor if the machine is working properly? I have it on a windows server and I was thinking of creating a ping script but is there anything more that isn't homemade?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Schedule Updates and monitoring.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mateusz

Welcome to the forum.
No, those critical updates cannot be scheduled today. But we are aware of the request.
Please note, it's only about critical updates. Patches or major versions won't be upgraded automatically.

Critical updates will only be installed in the following situation:
- No restore sessions running on the VB365 server
- VB365 console not opened
- No backup/backup copy/retrieval job sessions running
2. How can I monitor if the machine is working properly? I have it on a windows server and I was thinking of creating a ping script but is there anything more that isn't homemade?
Check if the VB365 services are running. You could also build a monitoring logic around VB365 PowerShell commands to determine that everything works as expected. Also I recommend Veeam One as a monitoring tool for your Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server. Monitoring your VB365 environment is free of cost (no license from Veeam required).

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
mmat
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mateusz M

Re: Schedule Updates and monitoring.

Post by mmat »

Thank you very much for your answer Fabian, that explains a lot.
So to sum up, it is not possible to schedule an update today and you have to do it manually.