Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
sumeet
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Sumeet P

SharePoint backup for personal site for users no longer with Org

Post by sumeet »

Hello,

For users who are no longer with the Org, the sharepoint backup fails for their perosnal sites with error - Cannot contact site at the specified URL. Access to the website has been blocked.

We have verified that this error is for users who have left the Org, but was hoping to suppress these failures during the backup or in the report. I have this case #07127818.

This is the behavior since version 5, but I thought a parameter or configuration value in the proxy/config file was available to ignore these failures. Is this not the case?

Thanks,
-Sumeet.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 712 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: SharePoint backup for personal site for users no longer with Org

Post by Polina »

Hi Sumeet,

This should rather be solved on the job configuration level - i.e. by excluding problematic sites explicitly. AFAIK, there's no config key to suppress such warnings.

Thanks!
sumeet
Service Provider

Post by sumeet »

Hi Polina,

The failures are 1900+ for personal sharepoint sites out of 9000 users. Excluding 1900+ sites from the job will take hours if not days.
Please if there is an easy way to get this done.

Thanks.
sumeet
Service Provider

Post by sumeet »

Any options? Or do we live with the 1900+ errors. The only concern with the daily errors is that we should not miss any important error, while trying to ignore these 1900+ errors.
bielekovve
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by bielekovve »

Hi,

we use dynamic security groups to build groups with all enabled members and we select that group in our vbo job configuration. Automatically you won't have users in your vbo job who aren't members in your tenant...

Greetings...
Andreas
sumeet
Service Provider

Post by sumeet »

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the details.
We setup the backup job at the Org level, so as to include everything, but unfortunately even these non-valid sharepoint sites get included.

-Sumeet.
DaStivi
Service Provider
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Post by DaStivi »

be carefull with dynamic groups thats only select enabled users, or try to filter disabled users with such ah group in veeam!

normally shared mailboxes should also have only disabled users, having sharedmailbox users synced from onprem (and created correctly on prem, enable-remotemailbox shared/room/...) the user is disabled automatically.. creating ah shared mailbox directly in m365 admin portal (no longer?? i would bet it was like this some time ago), the corresponding user object does not get disabled anymore! there is no password, but user also isn't disabled.. and MS even recommend it to disable it in the docs... anyway

having ah dyn. Group to exclude something like this you could endup in not having all shared mailboxed in ah backup... and evenmore, if you exclude disabled users and try to filter the personal site with this, when ah user gets deleted its also not in this filter anymore and VB365 again try to backup this ridicoluos personal site...

ah very similiar warning/error is ther also with the mailboxes it self when the user has been deleted!

and i fully understand sumeets request, i've also thousands of mailboxes and objects that create these errors and its almost impossible to fix all these errors