Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mrshahin
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Pietje Puk

Sharepoint backup

Post by mrshahin »

Hi,
We just have renamed our Sharepoint online site and as was expected the backup of Sharepoint online is not working becuase the url of the sites have been changed. The backup of the mailboxs and the Teams are still working without a problem.
I did run a test and re-added one of the sharepointsites to the same backup job and now I see the same site twice, one points to the old url and the newly added site points to the new url, now when run the backup job I can see that the site get backup.
Is this the correct way to do this? or we have to create a new job that point to the same backup repository and add the Sharepoint sites to this new job? We want to be able to still restore the backup of the sites from before the sharepoint was renamed.

Thanks
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Sharepoint backup

Post by Polina »

Hi Pietje,

Unfortunately, after the URL change, we cannot identify and match it automatically with the old one; and you have to re-add it to the job - just as you did. The old URL/site can be removed from the job; note that this will not impact the older restore points.

Thanks!
mrshahin
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Pietje Puk

Re: Sharepoint backup

Post by mrshahin » 1 person likes this post

Hoi Polina,
Thanks for your reply,
I will add the sites with the new url and at the same time remove the sites with the old url. I did run a test and it looks like that backup of the site with the new url is incremental! it is good news coz I thought the site we get fully backup again.

Shahin