Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Sharepoint site not showing after deleting from backup input

Post by Peejay62 »

Not sure if creating a support case for this is appropriate, so I give it a try and ask here first.. So, there was a site that has been backed up for some time. At january 28th this site has been backed up successfully. We decided not to backup this site anymore so removed it from the selection in the backupjob (january 30th). When I now try to perform a restore for that site (choosing point in time for the 28th where the site was backed up) it doesn't show up, so I am not able to restore it. Is this how it works or am I missing something? I would expect that, regardless of whether a site isn't selected for backup anymore, choosing a point in time where it was backed up, I am able to select it and restore it.

thanks,
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 712 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Sharepoint site not showing after deleting from backup input

Post by Polina »

Hi Peter,

Try browsing restore points from the Organization level instead of a backup job level. This way you should see all the items that have ever been backed up regardless of whether they're currently present in any backup jobs or not.

thanks!
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Re: Sharepoint site not showing after deleting from backup input

Post by Peejay62 » 1 person likes this post

Hi Polina,

that works! Good to know that this is the way to do it. Hopefully that this topic helps other people if they stumble into the same issue. thanks !