Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Jon_S
Lurker
Liked: never

Unable to select backup repository

Post by Jon_S »

When creating a new backup job I am unable to select the extended repository that I have created. The backup repository drop down box is empty.
I created Backblaze B2 S3 compatible object storage first.
I then created a new backup repository, selected backup to object storage, chose a local cache folder, specified the BB object storage and retention settings.

The repository is not available to select when creating a new backup job. I am unsure why, apologies but I am brand new to object storage.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Unable to select backup repository

Post by Mildur »

Hello Jon

Welcome to the forum.

Have you added it with immutability? Immutable repositories only allow being used for backup copy jobs. Such repositories won't be shown as valid targets for backup jobs.

If you want to use Backblaze buckets for backup jobs, first you need to contact our customer support to retrieve a special reg key. --> https://www.veeam.com/kb4446

VB365 will block buckets with versioning enabled and object lock disabled. There is a high risk of data corruption if an administrator rolls back the objects to earlier versions. And Backblaze doesn't allow creating buckets with versioning disabled. Therefore the reg key is required.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Jon_S
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Unable to select backup repository

Post by Jon_S »

I did add it with immutability. I will recreate it without immutability, get the reg key and try again. Many thanks for your help.