Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
GrumpyOldMan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: GrumpyOldMan

Community edition

Post by GrumpyOldMan »

I was having the idea to use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Community edition to backup my mails and/or onedrive. I created a case but it was closed because of no time to respond/no support for commuity version....

I have two scenario's...
1. Ofiice 365 home edition - I want to have a backup somehow
2. Offive 365 enterprise edition - I would like to make backups of my mails - sending to pst is not an option as I had too many issues

I am surprised that basic authentication is not working for the first scenario... As my company is using MFA I was wondering if this is working for the second scenario.

So if this is possible in the given scenario's, where can i find proper documentation for this. I'm getting issues during setup of the organization...
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Community edition

Post by Polina »

Hi GrumpyOldMan and welcome to the Community!

VBO only works with O365 subscriptions for business, education, and government, which is why you couldn't add a home edition tenant.
Enterprise editions are fully supported with both Basic and Modern authentication. Please check our the documentation for the list of required permissions for SharePoint Online and Exchange Online.

P.S. Nice nickname, btw :)