cnwiuser
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Gabrielli

Connecting to remote server failed: access denied

Post by cnwiuser »

Here is what I did.

Created new backup job. Ran the job to the C:\veeamrepo folder

I then created a share on another PC and shared it out to a domain user called veeam.
I changed the options and changed the destination to \\OtherPC\Sharename

I had trouble so I changed the Veeam services to logon with the veeam user account.

I still had trouble connecting and received this error when trying to run the veeam for O365 backup:

10/12/2016 6:32:20 PM :: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : [ClientAccessServer=XXXXXX,BackEndServer=XXXXXXXX.namprd04.prod.outlook.com,RequestId=XXXXXX,TimeStamp=10/12/2016 6:32:20 PM] Access Denied For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

I then changed the repo destination back to the C:\veeamrepo folder. I know get the same error.

I try to create a new backup job, and it can't connect to the mailboxes with the org domain credentials.

Any thoughts?
Kostya
Veeam Software
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Kostya Yasyuk

Re: Connecting to remote server failed: access denied

Post by Kostya »

Hi Ben, the issue relates to the service account change. Once you change it, the service cannot decrypt credentials stored in the configuration DB. To resolve that, please stop all jobs, edit your org unit by retyping your password and then save the changes. After that jobs should work fine.
cnwiuser
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Gabrielli

Post by cnwiuser »

That resolved it.
Thank you!
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

Post by DDIT »

Hi,

I just want to add that I had this same error after changing nothing - my backups had been working fine for weeks. I attempted to login via the Office 365 Admin Portal and was prompted to update my current password as it had expired. After changing this, I updated the password in Veeam and my backups worked.

Thanks.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Michael!

I'm sure others will encounter this also and will be able to solve it thanks to your tip!
Appreciate it

Cheers
Mike