Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mlange
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Daylight savings time

Post by mlange »

Maybe this is a bug, maybe I'm missing something; I don't know. Is VBO365 supposed to handle daylight savings time? I was checking over my backups this morning and I noticed that the "Next Run" column had times that were an hour after they are supposed to run; ie instead of starting at noon it shows 1pm. When I check the properties of the jobs they are actually set for an hour after they are normally supposed to run, so it's not just a display issue or anything like that. Currently on version 4.0.0.1553.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Daylight savings time

Post by Shestakov »

It should handle daylight savings time.
What is the region of your Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Server? Does console have different region?
When I check the properties of the jobs they are actually set for an hour after they are normally supposed to run
Do you mean that you previously set the job to run at noon, but the settings changed to 1pm?
Thank you
mlange
Enthusiast

Post by mlange »

We are using the default region. Yes, one of my jobs was originally set to run at noon, but when I open up the properties of the job it is now set for 1pm.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Interesting. I'll ask QA to double-check the behavior.
Could you specify the region and for what day the next backup job run is planned?
mlange
Enthusiast

Post by mlange »

The region our organization configured for in the console is Default. We are in Eastern time if that's what you're asking. We run our jobs daily starting at Noon, so one of them has already started since I changed the time on it back to noon. The others will start after 1 pm since I haven't changed those yet.
ericksonj
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: JRE

Post by ericksonj »

We had the same problem. Backup is now starting 1 hour later than before. I assume the application is storing the backup time in UTC but not adjusting for daylight savings time along with the OS.

We are running v4.0.0.1553.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

@mlange , @ericksonj

Normally VBO supports the daylight changes without any issues, which means this might some bug or misconfiguration specifically in 4a. Please open support cases and post their IDs here; they will be forwarded to our RnD team for investigation.

Thanks!
mlange
Enthusiast

Post by mlange »

Case 04060031.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Thanks! Passing it to devs.
bielekovve
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by bielekovve »

Hi from Germany,

before saturday/sunday night our vbo-backup started at 7PM... The Win2016-server correctly changed the system time from 3AM->2AM... I was very astonished that our vbo-backups now start at 6PM... All backups start times were changed to one hour earlier in the backup jobs... mystic! :-D

We're running 4.0.1.573 - Is it a feature or a bug... should I open a case?

Kind regards...
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi from Belgium ;-)

Yes, please open a support case. Post the case ID here and the outcome after the research from our engineers.
VNR-LF
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Lars Freiberger

Post by VNR-LF »

same issue for me, jobs previously scheduled for 6pm are now scheduled for 5pm. my region is germany as well. case created, id 04465727.
VNR-LF
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Lars Freiberger

Post by VNR-LF »

ok, my case has been handled, here's the outcome:
According to the RnD department, it's expected behavior sine Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 keeps the information in the database in the UTC. That was developed in this way in order to provide every user (in case of using multiple Veeam Consoles in different regions) an ability to see backup jobs' schedules in local time for the corresponding region.

In other words, even if the Server Time has been changed the UTC time remains the same.

The only possible workaround is to update all backup jobs manually, as you have already done.

The same request was discussed on the forum, please have a look at this thread: veeam-backup-for-office-365-f47/dayligh ... 70340.html
so it's adjusting the jobs twice per year for me :wink: