Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
brollman
Influencer
Liked: never

Editing Organization to Add Sharepoint - Need MSGraph Info Still?

Post by brollman »

We're all moving to Teams!

So, since we're doing that, people are going to be using Teams for doc repositories instead of sharepoint. I just know they are. Our Sharepoint is on-prem, so I want to preemptively have something in place that will backup O365 Sharepoint/Teams.

If I go into Edit Organization, and then add Sharepoint, I get prompted to do the Application Secret and App Password again. Now, it says "Click to Change Password" which I don't want to do. The VEEAM Backup for Office 365 is still allowed under the Azure Enterprise Apps, so I don't want to change that, just be able to add Sharepoint. Do I need to go back through that whole process like when we added Exchange? Because frankly I forgot and my searches aren't finding what I did with Graph and all the obtaining of said permissions/passwords/secrets, etc.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 703 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Editing Organization to Add Sharepoint - Need MSGraph Info Still?

Post by Polina »

Hi brollman,

Providing credentials - for both your app and your service account - is necessary when editing an organization. VBO will have to verify all the settings once again to ensure the correct configuration and connect to your tenant with the updated settings.

You can use the same Azure AD application for both Exchange Online and SharePoint Online. And when used with an app secret, it only needs to be granted with permissions for Microsoft Graph (i.e. Group.Read.All and Directory.Read.All), nothing special is needed for SPO specifically (see the documentation).

New app password and app secret could be easily generated via the Admin Center, if you forgot the initially used ones (the how-to steps are covered here).

Thanks!