Maintain control of your Microsoft Office 365 email data
jayscarff
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times

Failed to synchronize item changes

Post by jayscarff » Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Afternoon,
Case # 02625296

Is there a limit on what VBO365 can pull down? Running into an issue where i get an error for certain mailboxes.
"Failed to synchronize item changes. The server cannot service this request right now. try again later"

Hopefully the below could work >?

Found this online,
"Backup of one single mailbox was constantly failing.

What appeared was mailbox was over 100GB in size When running Get-MailboxStatistics against it – do not know how it is possible though as O365 gives you 100GB for the mailbox.

After enabling archive for this mailbox and runnig Start-ManagedFolderAssistant so the main mailbox went down below 100GB – the backup went just fine"
Jason
VMCE v9

Mike Resseler
Veeam Software
Liked: 498 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Failed to synchronize item changes

Post by Mike Resseler » Feb 23, 2018 6:08 am

Hi jayscarff,

I am not aware that we have a limit. What I think is happening (but our support engineers will have a better sight on it going through the logs) is that the mailbox got overheated (too many connections) and therefore "locked" himself for a period of time (MSFT has different ways for throttling so users cannot overload the O365 service). I believe it should continue the next run from where it couldn't retrieve items anymore. Did you already tried to run the job manually a few minutes after the failure?

O365 gives you indeed a nice amount of storage for your mailbox (If I am not mistaken it does depend on the plan though...). It might be the reason for your issue also and certainly can't hurt. Those PowerShell cmdlets are from O365 itself.

Keep us informed
Cheers
Mike

jayscarff
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times

Post by jayscarff » Feb 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks, this seems to be working better. the job was successful over the weekend. Does VBO365 compress data in the proxy like normal proxies ?
Jason
VMCE v9

Mike Resseler
Veeam Software
Liked: 498 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » Feb 27, 2018 6:25 am

Data is compressed in the database (repository). This is a jetblue DB

Cheers
Mike